Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Horrible Movies!

So I'm participating today in my very first blog-ring that was started by Nugz at That Ain't Kosher. I've wanted to do one for a while now but you know, karaoke ain't happening. This month we're reviewing horrible sports movies and I was lucky enough to get the awesome Alexandra from The Tsarista Sez posting on my blog. When you're done go check out my review of the rather strange Punch over at Ginny's blog: Ginntastic. I'll shut up now and turn things over to Alexandra.
___________

Hello everyone, my name is Alexandra and I have a blog called The Tsaritsa Sez. Shoutouts to Nugz for creating this movie review ring,
and major props to Christopher for letting me fill his blog today with
my foolishness. I assure you that we will return to your regularly
scheduled program tomorrow. Or whenever Christopher next updates his
blog. I'm not going to tell him what to do.

The movie I chose was The Waterboy, starring Adam Sandler. So, I'm a
bit of a loser and my obligation to watching this film and
subsequently writing a review of it kinda slipped my mind. You know
how forgetfulness can be sometimes. Anyhow, I still wanted to
participate in this ring and I especially didn't want to leave
Christopher hanging, so I went to youtube and watched as many Waterboy
clips as I could find. The last time I saw The Waterboy was when I was
13 years old, and at the time it was one of my favorite movies. I
remember a good deal of the film, but I wanted a refresher. One day
I'll watch The Waterboy again in its entirety, but today is not that
day. So without further introduction nonsense, let me introduce to you
The Waterboy. The condensed version. In haiku form, because I just had
Japanese food for dinner.

Bobby Boucher serves
water to ball players and
gets picked on often.

Sandler loves morons
at least he loves playing them
check his résumé.

Waterboy can run.
Waterboy has wrestling moves,
knocks jocks off their feet.

Kathy Bates, his mom
mean chick from The Craft, his girl
and his coach's The Fonz.

Gators are ongry
medulla oblongata
harness that anger!

Bobby loves water.
"Gatoraaaaaade." "H2O."
water in canteens.

Bobby wins it big--
gets married and goes to school.
His momma is proud.

Ride that lawn mower.
You can do it all night long!
Just don't you smoke crack.

4 comments:

  1. Alexandra, I love that you did a poem for your movie. Very creative! :) And wasn't The Waterboy set in Louisiana? Sad....

    Christopher - I'm so glad I found your blog through this karaoke ring. I love your movie reviews. Much better than most movie review blogs I've seen. I was wondering if you ever thought of putting the main actors at the top before the review? I don't know if that's a lot more trouble than it's worth.... just figured it would help me decide if I wanted to add it to my queue or not. :) Following your blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, I meant movie ring. I have a karaoke ring on my blog, and I guess I'm just used to typing that. Whoops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a pretty good idea actually, I think I'll give that a try. Oh, and welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Haiku poetry!

    Now I can't get "Waaaattter Sucks, it really really Sucks.... GATOOOOORADE," out of my head.

    ReplyDelete

SPOILER ALERT: Talking about the movie is encouraged in the comment section. Read at your own risk.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...