Monday, October 25, 2010

Sleepers (1996)

Featuring: Kevin Bacon, Robert DeNiro, Dustin Hoffman, Jason Patric, Brad Pitt. Director: Barry Levinson.

This is a movie I'm surprised I'd never seen before. With a cast featuring Kevin Bacon, Brad Pitt, Dustin Hoffman and Robert DeNiro I'm not sure how this ever slipped through the cracks. Sleepers is a revenge movie with a pretty predictable plot that contains enough confronting content and good acting to make it work. I was expecting it to be more of a mob movie (mostly because of the cover) but while it had that sort of mob movie setting/feel it was more about these 4 boys who have bad things happen to them in a reformatory and what it does to them as boys/men. It was a good movie if you've never seen it, give it a look.

Click here to add this movie to your Netflix queue.

The Standard 5:

Why is it in your queue? The ensemble cast of talented actors.

Is it artsy? Nope, just a good ol' fashioned revenge flick.

Best thing about the movie? Kevin Bacon being evil.

What mood should I be in to watch this movie? Looking for a serious drama.

What rating did you give it on Netflix? 3 stars.  

1 comment:

  1. Ummm why have I not found this blog earlier. It is great. I love the idea. I stream movies all the time - No TV really I just watch movies. This blog is great! I am trying to follow but my computer is being gay. Ill be back !!!

    ReplyDelete

SPOILER ALERT: Talking about the movie is encouraged in the comment section. Read at your own risk.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...